Help us make a difference
At Gaddesden we simply could not operate without the help and support of our dedicated team of volunteers. Volunteering as part of our friendly sociable team can be extremely rewarding, and we are always on the lookout for new volunteers!
Our amazing volunteers help out with a range of activities;
- grooming and leading ponies
- side walking with riders
- fundraising & administration tasks
- maintenance & help around the yard
- or just making much needed cups of tea
If you can “point to the pony’s ears” then you know enough about horses to be an RDA volunteer! We will teach you the rest, no experience is necessary – all you need is a couple of hours a week and a willingness to muck in!
Why volunteer with us?
- Learn new skills – from pony care to communication & management
- Meet new, friendly people
- Make a real difference in the lives of our participants
“I love horses and children so it was the perfect combination”
“I love to see the smiles and the children relax and enjoy themselves on a pony”
We look forward to hearing from you!.
(Please note all volunteers will require a DBS certificate)
Please print and fill out the form and either scan to email@example.com or post to C/o Volunteer Coordinator , Gaddesden Place RDA, Briden’s Camp, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 6EX
Alternatively you can email to request a paper copy.
Frequently asked questions
1. Is the centre near public transport ?
The centre is on a bus route, but unfortunately it’s not a frequent service. Transport by car is required.
2. Do I need any experience?
No experience is required, we will teach you everything you need to know. All you need is a couple of hours a week and a willingness to muck in!
3. Are there any age restrictions for volunteering?
Volunteers are welcome from the age of 4-80.
4. How many hours do I need to commit to?
There is no set number of hours required. Most volunteers choose to volunteer on a set day working around lesson times and activities.